At Living Online we believe your personal information should remain protected and safe from misuse. As a part of the function of our business, we will be required to collect and share some data with relevant parties. For example, we may share your business contact information with a prospective client that we have referred to your business. In this event, we would not share any information about your business or contact information that we would deem to be sensitive information or private. Common sense is our core watchword and we pride ourselves on understanding you and your business and your demand for privacy.
As with most web sites, we collect and review information provided to us as a result of browsing the site and finding it on the internet. This information includes but is not limited to IP address, browser type, referring page, page visit times and computer operating system. This information is used to continually improve our website and services to you. We will share this information with other businesses as we see fit, but will not submit personally identifying information about you in this case.
There are other cases where we will disclose your personal information.
a) When required by law to comply with court orders or police investigations
b) When we need to protect our rights or income or we reasonably believe that it is in the best interests of other user’s rights
c) If all or part of Living Online is sold to or merged with another company.
d) Any third party that you have consented to having your personal information.
How We Collect Personal Information
a) We may collect personal information about you when you create an account, send us an email to enquire about our website or licence terms, purchase our goods and / or services, register to receive our newsletters or other communications, apply for a job, enter into one of our competitions, visit our website or otherwise interact with us.
b) We also use a range of social media channels (“Social Media”) to distribute news, announcements, promotions and to address community enquiries. If you submit or post comments, images, tweets, recordings or other personal content for public display on Social Media, that information may be available for anyone in the world to read, view or comment on. We are not responsible to you for the information handling practices of Social Media platforms.
c) As commonly done by other sites, our server also automatically collects information about your use of our website and other services (Site Data). Broadly, Site Data includes the types of browser you are using, access times, your IP address, the URL you have come from (including the time spent at that URL, cookies and your domain type and server).
How We Use Your Personal Information
- We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide, and administer our provision of, goods and/or services, including verifying your identity; contacting you about your an enquiry and other arrangements; training our staff; and testing our systems.
- to provide, maintain and improve our website and services;
- to distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party service providers;
- to conduct marketing activities for our goods and services, or goods and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve our supply of goods, services and our marketing activities;
- obtain analytical data;
- for any other use that you authorise in writing; and/or
- to carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- The provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website or purchase goods and/or services from us.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may disclose your personal information to suppliers and third parties that perform services for us in connection with our website and in connection with the sale and provision of our goods and/or services, including third parties who:
- provide information technology services such as data storage, website hosting, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting;
- show you ads on sites on the internet, including Google.
- For more information on how Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps, please visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. Our website may store cookies on your web browser.
- The main reasons we store cookies are to:
- improve your website browsing experience;
- gather statistics on website usage; and
- enable us to present customised and appropriate messages to you.
- You can set up most web browsers so you are notified when a cookie is received, so you can then either accept or reject it. You can also check the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information About You
- If you would like to request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section of our website titled Contact Us.
Advertising and analytics
Living Online will never send you unsolicited mail asking for a site password.
Living Online will not submit your contact information to a spam list, and we will not forward your contact information to anybody we have good reason to believe, intends to submit or use your contact information in a spam list.
Any complaints regarding users or service providers who misuse your personal information on this site or any child site will be dealt with accordingly. Anybody we deal with who is found using your personal information for spam or other inappropriate purpose will be both
a) Suspended from all trade with our business, and use of our website
b) Information may be reported to appropriate authorities (ie. Police, Commerce Chambers etc)
Opting Out of Promotion and Marketing
If you do not want to receive communications about our latest goods and/or services, you can opt out by contacting us using the contact details in the section of our website titled Contact Us. In the absence of your opting out, we may use your information (including personal information) to provide you with current information about our products and services, offers and updates about our organisation. We may contact you by mail, email, SMS, Social Media and/or telephone.
Information Regarding our Agreements
Unless specifically stated, almost all agreements and transactions that take part between Living Online and you are done in the strictest of confidence. For either us or you to discuss the specifics of our business relationship outside the relationship can be viewed as a breach of confidentiality, and a breach of contract if one should have been signed at this stage.
Living Online welcomes feedback of all kinds on this site and the business conducted as a result of this site. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns, questions, or comments you may have about the running of this site.