High-potential opportunity to deliver intelligent and creative solutions for valued clients as well as our own ambitious projects and tech ventures.
Living Online is a high performance digital marketing agency. For the past 9 years we’ve embraced constant innovation to achieve remarkable outcomes and deliver exceptional service. We’ve recently been recognised as a finalist in the pre-eminent Landy Awards and the SEMrush AU Search Awards.
You’ll be in great company. We’re a young and energetic team with a proven track record of creating big wins across multiple channels. Want proof? How about delivering more than 30 million extra visits per year through SEO for one client alone. 470% growth in a little over three years. Or saving another client $1.75 million per year on their Google Ads campaign; a 41% cost-reduction!
Our team is growing fast and embracing new challenges, so we’re looking to hire a Web Developer to join the team on Rokeby Road in Subiaco.
You will be responsible for delivering intelligent and creative solutions across a variety of technologies and for a diverse mix of highly valued clients, as well as for our own ambitious projects.
We’re looking for someone who is eager to embrace the challenge of being a Web Developer. You will be hungry to learn and develop in areas where you don’t yet have capability. You will be fully supported in your ambitions to further grow and enhance your skills and capabilities, including your desire to learn both the technical and creative aspects of digital marketing.
As the successful candidate, you will be an individual who thrives in a small business, possessing the ability to collaborate with team members, whilst enjoying a level of autonomy to work with new and existing clients to support their needs and expectations.
This position will report directly to the CEO who is passionate about providing development opportunities in alignment with company objectives and your individual career goals.
The key responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsive web design implementation and styling in WordPress, ensuring cross-device, cross-platform, and cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Creating custom child theme WordPress PHP templates using advanced custom fields, including with WooCommerce.
- SSL configuration, payment gateway integrations, and SMTP relay integrations.
- Technical SEO implementation, including Apache .htaccess configuration, 301 redirects, mod_rewrite, custom XML sitemap development, and robots.txt configuration (SEO specifications will be provided).
- Website migrations, upgrades, loading speed and performance optimisation, security assessments, malware removals, and patching.
- Reporting to CEO on web development project status and upcoming priorities.
While you may not have current experience with the following, you will be keen to learn quickly and deliver exceptional outcomes in the following areas:
- Web Analytics, Dynamic Remarketing, and product Data Feed integration, including Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce, Facebook Dynamic Ads, Google Merchant Centre, conversion tracking, event tracking, cross domain tracking, and custom dimensions.
- Web development, responsive styling, and website customisations in a diverse set of pre-existing client CMS, including Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, Kentico, and Adobe Business Catalyst.
- Web server management across a diverse set of pre-existing client servers, including AWS and DigitalOcean.
- API integrations across diverse platforms, which may include websites, CRM systems, email marketing systems, ERP systems, Accounting systems, and other SaaS platforms.
- Recruitment and management of web development freelancers and contractors.
- Utilisation and management of systems and processes for optimal collaboration, version control, and access control to ensure security, redundancy, and efficient operations.
We are seeking an individual with a minimum of 2 years of experience in professional web development, combined with tertiary qualifications in computer science, information technology, or other associated disciplines.
Further to this experience, you will have been building websites from an early age and can demonstrate an understanding and enthusiasm that goes beyond your professional experience. Demonstrated experience in the following areas is also desirable:
- WordPress, WooCommerce, Joomla, Shopify, & BigCommerce.
- Digital marketing tools, platforms, policies, and agency experience.
Please provide your resume to email@example.com with an accompanying cover letter that addresses your experience with each of the individual key accountabilities for this role, as well as detailing any other information that will help you to be successful in this position.
We appreciate the time taken by candidates in submitting your application and would like to respectfully advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.