We're Hiring A Web Developer
High-potential opportunity to work for an award-winning digital agency to deliver intelligent and creative solutions for valued clients as well as our own ambitious media and technology ventures.
Living Online is an award-winning digital marketing agency, having recently been recognised as the “Best Marketing Agency” in Australia by the prestigious SEMrush AU Search Awards 2020. For the past 12 years our team has embraced constant innovation to achieve remarkable outcomes and deliver exceptional service.
You’ll be in great company. We’re a young and energetic team with a proven track record of creating big wins across multiple channels. Want proof? How about delivering more than 30 million extra visits per year through SEO for one client alone; 470% growth in 36 months. Or saving another client $1.75 million per year on their Google Ads campaign; a 41% cost-reduction while driving high lead volumes.
Our team is growing fast and embracing new challenges, so we’re looking to hire another Web Developer to join the Design & Development team in our impressive Subiaco office.
We’re looking for someone who is eager to embrace the challenge of being a Web Developer. You will be hungry to learn and develop in areas where you don’t yet have capability. You will be fully supported in your ambitions to further grow and enhance your skills and capabilities, including your desire to learn both the technical and creative aspects of digital marketing.
As the successful candidate, you will be an individual who thrives in a small business, possessing the ability to collaborate with team members, whilst enjoying a level of autonomy to work with new and existing clients to support their needs and expectations.
This position will report directly to the CEO who is passionate about providing development opportunities in alignment with company objectives and your individual career goals.
The key responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating custom theme WordPress (& WooCommerce) PHP templates using advanced custom fields, including complex database queries, complex sorting/filtering features, custom post types, and custom taxonomies.
- Make changes to existing website template styling and functionality as per briefs across various CMS (WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, Joomla, Umbraco, Kentico, Squarespace, Webflow, etc).
- Web server setup, configuration, and administration across a diverse set of website servers and technology stacks (LAMP, cPanel, Plesk, Cloudflare, etc).
- Conduct ad-hoc troubleshooting and bug fixing across various websites, web servers, and domain hosts, including troubleshooting of DNS and email deliverability.
- Website migrations, updates (themes, plugins, servers), loading speed and performance optimisation, security assessments, and malware removals.
- Technical SEO implementation, including schema / structured data, Apache .htaccess configuration (301 redirects, mod_rewrite, etc), custom XML sitemap development, and web crawler optimisation (robots.txt, meta tags, etc); SEO specifications will be provided.
- API integrations across diverse platforms, which may include websites, CRM systems, email marketing systems, ERP systems, Accounting systems, and other SaaS platforms.
- Utilisation and management of workflow and collaboration systems for version control (Git, SVN).
- SSL configuration, payment gateway integrations, and SMTP relay integrations.
- Reporting to Managing Consultant on web development project status and upcoming priorities.
While you may not have current experience with the following, you will be keen to learn quickly and deliver exceptional outcomes in the following areas:
- Web Analytics, Dynamic Remarketing, and product data feed integration, including Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Enhanced Ecommerce, Data Layer, Facebook Dynamic Ads, Google Merchant Centre, conversion tracking, event tracking, cross domain tracking, and custom dimensions.
We are seeking an individual with a minimum of 2 years of professional web development experience in a team environment. You will have experience with the following technologies:
- WordPress / WooCommerce.
- PHP, MySQL, NGINX, cPanel.
- Git / SVN.
Further to this experience, you will have been building websites in your sleep and can demonstrate an understanding and enthusiasm that goes beyond your professional experience.
You will have a working knowledge of functions.php in WordPress and possess the ability to achieve desired outcomes with minimal use of plugins.
Demonstrated experience with the following is also desirable:
- Shopify, Drupal, Joomla, Umbraco, Kentico, Squarespace, Webflow, and other CMS.
- .NET, Liquid.
- REST API, SOAP API.
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Sketch or other design / prototyping tools.
- Bootstrap or other frontend frameworks.
- Core Web Vitals.
Bonus points if you can also demonstrate experience and capabilities with:
- UX, UI, or Web Design.
- Amazon Web Services.
- Solution Architecture / Technical Architecture.
- Digital Marketing Tools, Platforms, Policies, and Digital Agency Experience.
To apply for this role, please put together a submission that includes:
- Your CV.
- Your Portfolio of Work.
- A Cover Letter that addresses your experience with each of the individual key accountabilities for this role.
- Any other information that will help you to be successful in this position.
We appreciate the time taken by candidates in submitting your application and would like to respectfully advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.